— Life Line Screening (@Life_Line) November 10, 2017
Cardiovascular diseases remain one of the leading causes of death, especially in America. It is estimated that there are more than 60000 deaths annually which emanate from cardiovascular diseases in America only. However, there is hope that preventive screenings will provide insights that will help patients live healthy and longer. Lifeline Screening provides full screening tests to patients with all manner of cardiovascular issues. With Lifeline Screening, protecting the future of your cardiovascular health is a personal prerogative, and as such, you might be wondering how you would prepare to go for this medical test. Well, consider the following tips.
- Once you check in at Lifeline Screening ensure you complete all the paperwork detailing the choice of your tests as well as payment procedure.
- Wait for your name to be called to commence screening, and should there be multiple screening sessions, you will be brought back to the waiting bay in-between sessions
- Once your name is called, you will be ushered in to the private Life screening area. Your privacy is protected.
- A simple blood test is done to give the patient reliable answers, after which your vital signs are recorded.
- If bone density is to be performed will require removing your shoes and socks
You will be guided depending on the kind of Lifeline screening you have requested. Learn more about Lifeline Screening at Wikipedia.
What to Wear During Screening
Every Ultrasound screening carried out at Life Line Screening requires little or no penetration. Depending on the kind of screening you require, you have to dress in a manner that will allow easy access to the testing areas. Consider the following tips.
- You can wear a loose fitting two-piece clothing
- Long stockings or pantyhose are not necessary
- Watches and other jewellery should not be worn
- Try to avoid lotion or oil as they may affect some of the screening equipment in use.
- Wear easy-to-remove shoes and socks
- Turn your cell phone off.
Expectations at Lifeline Screening
Some of the procedures you may have requested may demand you to follow specific guidelines. If you are going for aortic aneurysm testing, ensure that you have not eaten for at least four hours before you visit. Should there be any prescription medicine, ensure that you take them as required. Getting accurate results in a complete lipid test will require fasting for not less than 8 hours.
Merits of Lifeline Screening
If you have problems existing within your body without your knowledge, Lifeline Screening will help in detecting them early enough. For instance, some of the cardiovascular problems such as high cholesterol may not manifest right away, but that does not imply they are not damaging blood vessels. The Early screening will help in detecting them and making proper treatment procedures.